The varsity division semi-finals round had tough competition as Sol-T-Shine of Japan brought the house down. However the Bandits of the USA gave Sol-T-Shine the run for their money.
Current world varsity crew winner Sorority had illustrated why they took the gold last year and hopes to move to finals to secure a second gold medal.
A surprise hit with the crowd was Russia’s Lil Dance with their militaristic number.
However as with any competition, competitors must be eliminated. With that said, the semi-final results are as follows:
8. Lil’s Dance – Russia Score: 6.91
7. Bandits – USA Score: 7.09
6. Freshest Nutz – Singapore Score: 7.28
5. A-Team – Philippines Score: 7.40
4. J.B. Star – Japan Score: 7.42
3. Sorority – New Zealand Score: 7.70
2. Zero – Japan Score: 7.91
1. Sol-T-Shine – Japan Score: 8.22
These crews move to the finals at the Orleans Arena on Sunday, August 5, 2012.